Sunday, September 1, 2013

Living in Spain

Hola!

Well, I'm going to be honest, I'm in Spain. I meant to post beforehand as a heads up for the trip, but I didn't get to that and now I'm here on a couch in this apartment I will live in for four months. I've been here nearly a week actually. So I'm posting now. I actually set up this blog a couple months ago in preparation for this trip because I knew I would want to share experiences. So that starts now!

I've always assumed I would study abroad in college; it was one of my top desires. I also assumed it would be in a spanish speaking country. TCU has an established program here in Seville and while I looked around some, this was the best fit. So here I am! I was incredibly excited leading up to the departure, and was in a group text with Ashlyn and Gifton sharing all the excitement all summer. The three of us are the only students from TCU in Sevilla this semester. We will be taking classes at la Universidad Pablo de Olavide (UPO) and hopefully making loads of friends and having a great time. Life in Texas basically went on hold. It was super weird to not go back when classes started and a little sad to talk to my best friends, who were all living together in the apartment that I will join when I return. Last night was our first football game and I couldn't stay awake to the end due to the time difference. I know I will miss people and miss out on things, events, and memories. But I can't imagine a more worthwhile or beautiful way to spend this semester. I've never lived outside the country for this long and I'm excited to see what it takes and if I have it. Hopefully I'll come home dreaming in Spanish.

So here's to this adventure! I hope to stay in touch with those I love at home, but I also want to soak up every moment of Sevillan life. Maybe this uncensored blogging will help do both. I wanted to give this little introduction, but honestly I've already written a very long post about our first weekend and it is coming momentarily. Enjoy, my friends! :)

Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment